The Micro-Puncture Lab (MPL) treatment method is based on the skin's ability to regenerate itself when stimulated. Micro-perforations to the skin using a needle will cause minor epidermal inflammation, but this will help to activate a repair process following the inflammatory phase. The repair process involves several cell populations that will rebuild the damaged skin tissue.
When micro-perforations are made to the skin, a release of growth factors will stimulate fibroblast activity. These stimulated fibroblasts then produce collagen and elastin, which are essential to skin health. The end result is refined skin, with smoothed fine lines, and minimized visibility of imperfections like scars.
Benefits Of MPL Treatments
This method is based on superficial micro-stimulation that's 0.25 mm deep into the skin. There is no risk of bleeding, and the technique is virtually painless. Sterile needles are used on a single-use only basis. Unlike mesotherapy, Micro-Puncture Lab treatments don't lift the epidermis, and therefore do not cause trauma to the skin. In addition to this, the needle application area, which measures to about 1 cm in diameter, is significantly more accurate than the roller used in mesotherapy. The needle application area provides for more targeted and controllable results.
Results of Micro-Puncture Lab Treatments
- Visible results seen after the first session.
- Improved skin quality and higher moisture levels.
- More radiant complexion.
- Skin regains elasticity and smoothness.
- Sagging skin feels denser, restructured and stretched.
- Skin appears plumped and less-tired looking.
- Results are completely natural, without an artificial or forced look.
- Revitalized and smoothed epidermis.
- Stimulates tissue repair and reactivates fiber production process.
- Helps with premature aging.
MPL Treatment Duration
Standard treatment duration is one hour, and requires three to four, 60-minute sessions every two weeks, followed by one treatment a month as the main treatment for the next three months. MPL Treatments should be avoided during periods of high sun intensity. This Micro-Puncture Lab treatment can be seamlessly incorporated into a complete program consisting of several other treatments, including Biologique Recherche's Remodeling Face Machine and boosters.
Who Are MPL Treatments Recommended For
MPL treatments are recommended to patients with skin that’s deficient, dehydrated and lacks radiance, skin that’s showing signs of premature aging, skin with fine lines and wrinkles, and skin that lacks high levels of tonicity.
This treatment method is also recommended for the following skin conditions or patient cases.
- In cases of slackened facial contours and eyelids, sagging skin on the neck and in the decollete area.
- In cases with signs of changes due to exogenous factors of toxicity, including pigmentation and sun exposure, dysochromic scarring after laser treatment, and changes in skin surface among smokers.
- In cosmetic medicine as preparation to facial plastic surgery procedures, laser resurfacing or medical IPL skin treatment.
- In post-surgery procedures to accelerate the process of skin repair.
- In corrective procedures for pigmented scars and acne scars.
- In rebalancing care for hyper-keratinized skin instants and hyperseborrheic skin.